Need blog content ideas? read on for some inspiration and ideas to consider when writing new content or giving your website a refresh. In summary provide help, keep it simple, have a call to action, network and share what you find interesting.
- Help your audience with a problem - present your audience with a solution to a problem. The customer always buys to benefit and articles that speak directly to solving problems will help create awareness of how you can help. Consider sharing a checklist, tutorial, step-by-step how to get started guide, answering a question or provide a case study.
- Keep it simple and use less words - get to the point quickly, keep what you are saying easy to read and remember that every word is important. People will read on because you are helpful. Consider using a formula to help keep your articles concise and to the point.
- Use call to action words (with care) - use words and verbs that help to create a sense of urgency and encourage your audience to take action. Consider phrases like:
search our website for moreand
start now. I am sure that you can think of others that will help prompt your audience. When using call to action words don't repeat the same phrase everywhere and ensure that what you are saying doesn't sound cheap and cheesy.
- Use words that your audience understands - make sure that you are talking the same language as your audience. Google can only help people find your content if the words (and keywords) you use match what people are search for.
- Network with links - use internal and external links to help people find your content. Sharing a link of your article on social media will help it get read. Also consider linking with other websites because this can be a great way to help your audience and can assist with building relationships.
- Share what you have found interesting and helpful - write an article about an app, process or website that has helped you with your workflow and made a real difference.
- Share what or who influences you most - consider sharing how you make decisions, important lessons that you have learned recently, a comparison of products or services, or a post containing a compilation of links to interesting articles. Chances are if it is something that is generally interesting to you then it will be of interest to others.
This post was inspired by a discussion about how to come up with content ideas.
Do you need help with digital marketing? ask a digital marketing question about anything.