Recently was asked - how often should I promote the same blog content on social media? This is an important question because if you have put the effort into writing a blog post, you want at least as many people as possible to have a read.
When searching Google for how long does content on social media last most likely you will get a number of answers, the common theme to all is that posts on social don't last long which means posting more than once can be considered acceptable. Social media timelines can be very busy places, so to ensure that you get noticed post more than once.
Social media timelines can be very busy places, so to ensure that you get noticed post more than once.
A strategy that you might find helpful is the mix it up and slowly repeat with awesome content social media sharing strategy where you reshare no more than once a week and make each high quality content share different, for example, when sharing this article I might post the following:
- Suggestions for how to get noticed on social media [...]
- How to get more views on social media, read more at [...]
- #SocialMediaMarketing tip - for results post blog content on social media more than once, to learn more visit [...]
- Introducing the mix it up and slowly repeat with awesome content social media sharing strategy [...]
- Recently asked how often should I promote the same blog content on social media? when resharing on social media suggested to mix it up and slowly repeat with awesome content - to read more [...] - interested in your thoughts.
I think you get the idea, and don't forget to replace the [...] with the link to the blog post.
How do you know if it is awesome content? review analytics to see what content your audience likes and consider initial engagement with the post. Also, remember just because you didn't get a like, reshare or comment does not mean that people didn't see what you had to say.
If your audience did not respond well to your initial post then you have had a great learning experience because you discovered what style of content is not of interest to that particular audience.
Finally, before posting ensure that your content is not self serving and is something that your audience will be interested in engaging with - for more thoughts check out how often should I post about myself on social media.
Do you need help with digital marketing? ask a digital marketing question about anything.